1. As a rule, research in a Master’s degree program in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences is conducted within the Hebrew University, at the Edmund J. Safra campus.
2. Interdisciplinary research may include a secondary thesis in parallel faculties/campuses, in laboratories of secondary supervisors or of collaborators, but most of the work will be carried out in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. All these must be approved by the head of the relevant teaching program.
3. It is possible to work in another academic institution in the framework of collaboration or student exchange subject to approval by a supervisor and head of the teaching program but only if most of the work toward the degree is carried out at the Hebrew University. Any deviations from the above must be approved by the head of the teaching program and the faculty. For this purpose, national research institutes will be considered as an academic body subject to approval by the faculty.
4. Master’s degree students may not carry out research work in an industrial company or non-academic institution, except for using specific equipment which is not available within the university, subject to approval by the faculty. The faculty will consider exceptional cases when recommended to do so by the head of the relevant teaching program.
5. For the faculty’s Master’s degree students, the institutional attribution in every scientific publication, including articles, lectures, posters etc., will be the Hebrew University.